Career vacancy: Venue Manager
Purpose of the Role
The Venue Manager is accountable for the delivery of great customer service to guests visiting Bright Brewery. This incorporates continually improving the service offering through recruiting the right people, ensuring they are trained, continuously improving our physical and intangible service offering, compliance with agreed process and maintaining high levels of motivation across the team.
This role reports to the Operations Manager
Manages the Bar Manager, Assistant Bar Manager, Supervisors and Bar staff
Works closely with the Head Chef, Administration Manager, Marketing Manager and Head Brewer.
The key tasks that the Venue Manager performs are:
Ensure a safe environment at all times
· Ensure the safety of customers
· Ensure all staff are working within a safe environment and understand their workplace roles and responsibilities
· Accountable for compliance to all policies, regulations and procedures (especially HR & OH&S), including incident reporting and responsible service of alcohol
· Reporting any fixes or improvements in a timely manner
· Undertake regular bar safety audits and follow-up
· Ensure all customers feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
· Achieve agreed standards in terms of service, quality, appearance and cleanliness of the Bar environment and equipment.
· Work with Leadership Team to develop a 3-year service strategy to differentiate the Bar service offering from alternative venues.
· Create a positive and productive working environment.
· Collect customer feedback and address any issues.
· Work with the Head Chef to create exciting menus.
· Implement changes and improvements to the POS system (front and back office).
· Deliver creative events and functions, both on-site and off-site.
Manage the Bar team
· Provide leadership to the Bar team.
· Ensure 121s are carried out for all staff members.
· Manage the recruitment, induction and training of new members of the Bar team.
· Manage rosters for Bar staff and timely approval of timesheets.
· Ensure Bar staff and trainees receive the right training and leadership.
· Manage the performance of each member of the Bar staff to maximize potential.
· Work with the Head Brewer on technical training for bar and waiting staff.
· Security of cash and stock
· Management of retail events, tours and live music gigs
· Support staff in their duties by:
· Allocating and prioritising their tasks.
· Supervising their breaks.
· Encouraging them to work efficiently and with a strong service ethic.
· Providing on the job training when required.
Develop and improve operational systems of the Bar
· Create, implement and improve policies, systems and procedures.
· Ensure all communications between Bar and kitchen run smoothly.
Manage the Bar budget and accounts functions
· Be accountable for achieving sales and cost targets for the Bar as set in the budget.
· Manage all Bar stock purchasing and stock management.
· Work with Operations Manager to develop a budget for the department.
· Perform regular stock takes as specified in our procedures.
· Work with the Administration Manager to maintain budget control, staff ratios and planning requirements for cash change and till floats.
This position requires:
· Flexibility with your working week.
· Punctuality with a well-presented appearance.
· Being the final escalation point for customer questions and complaints.
· Becoming familiar with Bright Brewery, its services and events and being able to advise guests accordingly.
· Responsibility and reporting all accidents and hazards in your work area and complete all paperwork as required.
· Attending management / staff meetings and all training sessions as required.
· When required, working as a front-line member of the team in the Bar.
· Other duties as directed.
Note: We target all employees to work no more than 38.5 hours per week on average across a year
Ensure the Bright Brewery values are always in action while performing the role:
We are AUTHENTIC and genuine in all that we do. · We do what we say we’re going to do. · We present our business and services truthfully. · We use natural ingredients to create genuine products. · Our relationships are honest and respectful.
Our business is SUSTAINABLE. · We’re passionate about the alpine environment that surrounds us and seek to minimise our impact on it. · We’re managing our business for the long-term, providing a viable future for our community, staff and customers.
We are ACTIVE! · We embrace the outdoors and encourage active lives. · We are active in the community. · We continue to review and develop our products and services so they evolve and grow with the market. · We are actively managing the business for future success.
· A proven leader with experience in hospitality/tourism at a management level
· Demonstrated skills in high standards of customer service
· Excellent communication skills
· Workforce management and planning experience
· Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
· Proven ability to work within financial budgets
· Experience in menu planning
· Ability to develop and document operating systems and procedures and comply with all company policies and procedures
· Ability to act ethically and fairly at all times
· Mature attitude, honest, loyal and exceptional work ethic
· Computer savvy (POS systems, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel)
Without further approval, the Venue Manager may:
· Incur costs budgeted in the retail budget
· Roster staff in accordance with the dollar amounts allowed in the retail budget.
· Provide staff with feedback on their work performance
With the approval of the Operations Manager, the Venue Manager may:
· Make any changes to the Bar set up that you believe will improve its profitability (e.g. seating layout, menu, opening hours, equipment, etc.)
· Initiate events
· Initiate sales promotions
· Implement growth strategies
· Terminate a staff member (must have Operations Manager approval), unless situation requires immediate action
The Venue Manager may not:
· Incur costs additional to the retail budget without prior permission of the Operations Manager
· Full time
· Hours include weekend work, evenings and public holidays
· Salary based on performance and training completed as per employment contract
· Discretionary performance related bonus
Applications for this role can be made confidentially by emailing covering letter and resume to the Operations Manager, Rupert Shaw: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Operations Manager, Bright Brewery
tel: 03 5755 1346