Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador (Melbourne)
Bright Brewery is a family owned brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, producing MountainCraftedTM beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
Founded in 2005, Bright Brewery has built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service culminating in a gold award and the Victorian Tourism Awards in 2017.
Driven by values to be authentic, sustainable and active, we have a very strong values based approach to managing the business. Using natural ingredients and traditional brewing techniques, we make beers inspired by the mountains, trails and high country environment that surrounds Bright, and we embrace active and sustainable lifestyles.
We recently completed a multi-million dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and is now in a position to enter the Wholesale market.
Bright Brewery seeks to recruit a Melbourne based sales leader to establish a sales and distribution operation servicing Melbourne and Victoria. We are looking for an experienced sales person with a proven track record in the craft beer industry. The person will have an established network of contacts across major retailers, distributors, independent outlets and venues. The person will act as an ambassador for Bright Brewery’s brand, values and lifestyle. We are looking for someone who can grow with the business. The right person will be rewarded with an attractive reward package and work life balance.
The role will require you to:
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers to bottle-shops, restaurants, bars and venues, and other retail and hospitality outlets across Greater Melbourne
- Be an excellent ambassador for Bright Brewery’s brand, values and lifestyle
- Achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs
- Identify and capitalise on opportunities to build sales
- Organise in-store tastings, promotions and point of sale displays
- Activate or host events both on and off premise, including festivals
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts, as well as brand awareness and reputation
- Providing a superior level of service to our customers
- Assist with establishing efficient systems and processes for the role
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator on ensuring timely and efficient movement of stock
- Work with the Sales & Marketing Support on growing sales across Victoria
- Engage with and help grow Bright Brewery’s social media audience
- Report to Marketing & Sales Manager.
Skills & experience required:
- 2+ years experience in wholesale sales related to craft beer
- Understanding of the craft beer market, on-premise and retail trade and trends
- Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory in a structured and planned manner
- Established trade connections and relationships in the Melbourne market
- Strong commercial and negotiation background
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions
- Experience managing participation at events
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time
- Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking). Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action
- Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process
- Drivers licence.
Applicants will be assessed on their ability to address the following selection criteria:
- Experience and performance in a similar role
- Understanding of:
- the craft beer market,
- business drivers for an independent brewery,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Connections to the craft beer industry
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge and passion for beer and brewing
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations
- Commitment to invest time in brand development
- Permanent Australian resident
- Long term outlook
- True commitment to the role and our business values
- A good fit for Bright Brewery’s brand and culture.
This is a full time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
The Sales Representative & Brand Ambassador (Melbourne) is a new position.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary plus commission
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made confidentially by sending resume with a cover letter addressing the skill requirements and selection criteria via email to: email@example.com by Monday 12th February 2018.
For enquiries about this role, please contact:
Marketing & Sales Manager, Bright Brewery
03 5755 1346