Career vacancy: Bar Manager
Purpose of the Role
The person holding the role of Bar Manager is responsible for bar operations including managing staff, ensuring product and service standards are met, maintaining procedures for maximum operating efficiency and implementation of cost effective purchasing of beverage and retail stock.
This role reports to the Venue Manager.
Bar Staff report to the Bar Manager (this role).
The key tasks that the Bar Manager performs are:
Ensure a safe environment at all times
· Ensure the safety of customers
· Ensure all staff are working within a safe environment and understand their workplace roles and responsibilities
· Accountable for compliance to all policies, regulations and procedures (especially HR & OH&S), including incident reporting and responsible service of alcohol
· Reporting any fixes or improvements in a timely manner
· Undertake regular bar safety audits and follow-up
· Ensure all customers feel welcome and are given responsive, friendly and courteous service.
· Achieve agreed standards in terms of service, quality, appearance and cleanliness of the Bar environment and equipment.
· Work with Leadership Team to develop a 3-year service strategy to differentiate the Bar service offering from alternative venues.
· Create a positive and productive working environment.
· Collect customer feedback and address any issues.
· Work with the Head Chef to create exciting menus.
· Implement changes and improvements to the POS system (front and back office).
· Deliver creative events and functions, both on-site and off-site.
Manage the Bar team
· Provide leadership to the Bar team.
· Ensure regular one-on-one meetings are carried out for all staff members.
· Manage the recruitment, induction and training of new members of the Bar team.
· Manage rosters for Bar staff and timely approval of timesheets.
· Ensure Bar staff and trainees receive the right training and leadership.
· Manage the performance of each member of the Bar staff to maximize potential.
· Work with the Head Brewer on technical training for bar and waiting staff.
· Security of cash and stock
· Management of retail events, tours and live music gigs
· Support staff in their duties by:
· Allocating and prioritising their tasks.
· Supervising their breaks.
· Encouraging them to work efficiently and with a strong service ethic.
· Providing on the job training when required.
Develop and improve operational systems of the Bar
· Create, implement and improve policies, systems and procedures.
· Ensure all communications between Bar and kitchen run smoothly.
Manage the Bar budget and accounts functions
· Be accountable for achieving sales and cost targets for the Bar as set in the budget.
· Manage all Bar stock purchasing and stock management.
· Work with Operations Manager to develop a budget for the department.
· Perform regular stock takes as specified in our procedures.
· Work with the Administration Manager to maintain budget control, staff ratios and planning requirements for cash change and till floats.
· Demonstrated experience in similar role with strong skills in management & stock control
· Demonstrated skills in high standards in customer service
· High level of interpersonal, leadership and team skills
· Ability to design and document operating systems and procedures
· Strong communication skills
· Current RSA Computer savvy (POS System, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel)
· Ability to make work fun
· An understanding of local tourism industry and/or craft beer scene
· Drivers Licence
Ensure the Bright Brewery values are always in action while performing the role:
We are AUTHENTIC and genuine in all that we do. · We do what we say we’re going to do. · We present our business and services truthfully. · We use natural ingredients to create genuine products. · Our relationships are honest and respectful.
Our business is SUSTAINABLE. · We’re passionate about the alpine environment that surrounds us and seek to minimise our impact on it. · We’re managing our business for the long-term, providing a viable future for our community, staff and customers.
We are ACTIVE! · We embrace the outdoors and encourage active lives. · We are active in the community. · We continue to review and develop our products and services so they evolve and grow with the market. · We are actively managing the business for future success.
· Full time
· Hours include weekend work, evenings and public holidays
· Total hours targeted at average of 38 per week across the year
· Base salary based on performance and training completed as per employment contract
· Bright Brewery is a family-friendly employer and will consider flexible working arrangement proposals.
· Attending staff meetings and all training sessions as directed by senior management
Please email your application including a Cover Letter addressing the Skills and Experience above, as well as your CV, to the Venue Manager, Jake Shelberg: email@example.com or give him a call on 03 5755 1346 to discuss in further detail.