Bright Brewery is an award winning and proudly independent brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCrafted beers and great value food in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
Our key values of ACTIVE- SUSTAINABLE -AUTHENTIC are the cornerstones of everything we do at Bright Brewery. From brewing beers that reflect the bold and wild environment in which they are crafted, to embracing the outdoor lifestyle that our region offers, Bright Brewery helps form the heart of our vibrant community.
We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the authenticity of our products, services and people, with a sustainable future for all.
Bright Brewery serves lunch and dinner 7 days a week, which helps showcase our beers to our fantastic customers.
Bright Brewery is seeking an experienced and dynamic Bar Manager to lead our bar operations and team.
We require a team player who can help lead our Brewery Door staff and ensure customers always have a positive experience when visiting our venue.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Venue Manager and will be responsible for ensuring product and service standards are met, maintaining procedures for maximising operating efficiency and cost-effective purchasing and control of beverage and retail stock.
This is a full-time position will involve evening and weekend hours, as well as working across public holidays.
In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward schemes to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. All staff are supported with training and advancement opportunities.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
Providing leadership to the Brewery Door team
Set and monitor quality and service standards
Provide excellent and efficient customer service
Train junior staff and ensure smooth daily operations of the bar
Representing our values of authenticity, sustainability and active lifestyles.
Skills and attributes required
- Must have prior experience in a high-volume hospitality environment
- Experienced at leading a team
- Demonstrated skills in high standards in customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritise, delegate tasks and manage time
- Set and monitor quality and service standards for staff and direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
- Proven stock control skills
- Ability to maintain consistency of friendly and efficient service
- Ability to develop and document operating systems and procedures and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Mature attitude, honest, loyal and exceptional work ethic
- Computer savvy (POS systems, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- A knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and brewing are a bonus.
About Bright Brewery
Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner, as well as 2017 & 2018 Victorian Tourism Awards Gold winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: email@example.com
Applications can be made confidentially by sending a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
Phone: 03 5755 1346