Position Vacant: Brewery Door Supervisor
We are on the hunt for a team of new Brewery Door Supervisors to join our team!
Bright Brewery is a local-family-owned business and fiercely independent brewery, bar, and restaurant, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for over 17 years.
Our key values of ACTIVE- SUSTAINABLE -AUTHENTIC are the cornerstones of everything we do at Bright Brewery. From brewing beers that reflect the bold and wild environment in which they are crafted, to embracing the outdoor lifestyle that our region offers, Bright Brewery helps form the heart of our vibrant community.
Bright Brewery serves lunch and dinner 7 days a week, which helps showcase our beers to our fantastic customers.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The person holding the role of Brewery Door Supervisor is responsible for ensuring customers have a positive experience visiting Bright Brewery.
This role reports to the Brewery Door Manager and Food/Beverage Manager.
If neither manager are present, all bar staff report to the Brewery Door Supervisor (this role).
The key tasks the Brewery Door Supervisor must perform are:
Supervise Brewery Door Staff in providing friendly service to visitors to Bright Brewery
Support the other brewery door staff in their duties by:
- Allocating and prioritising their tasks
- Supervising their breaks
- Encouraging them to work efficiently and with a strong service ethic
- Providing on the job training when required
Support the Venue Manager in managing the venue’s budget
- Ensure staffing levels during each shift are appropriate – such as sending staff home in quiet times or calling more staff to help when busy
- Ensure wastage is minimised
- Ensure customer service is strong and sales opportunities are maximised
- Ensuring enough stock is on hand
Ensure a safe environment is maintained at all times
- Adhere to the principles of Responsible Service of Alcohol
- Report any Occupational Health and Safety risks to the Bar and/or Venue Manager
- Ensure an incident report is completed for any accidents during the shift. Ensure all spills and breakages are cleaned-up promptly
- Communicate with the Bar and/or Venue Manager about brewery door matters such as staffing issues, training needs, new ideas, things to fix, shopping required.
- Often, the Brewery Door Supervisor will be the senior staff member on duty
- Supervising other staff
- Opening or closing the Brewery Door (including cashing up and locking up)
Ensure the Bright Brewery values are in action amongst Brewery Door staff.
Ensure atmosphere of Bright Brewery meets requirements and that all staff understand and demonstrate the Bright Brewery values
Perform the role of a Brewery Door staff member in addition to their other duties
Take an active role in service, while supervising other brewery door staff.
Other duties as directed
Skills Required: Must Have
- Self motivated
- Team Player
- Able to serve customers in a friendly manner
- Efficient in serving customers
- Willingness to learn about Bright Brewery
- Flexible in work hours
- Ability to make work fun
- Experience working in a bar or restaurant
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
- Likely to continue working for Bright Brewery
- Full Time or Seasonal Contract available
- Hours include days, night, weekends, and public holidays
- Leave must be approved in advance and can’t be taken in peak periods (Easter, School Holidays, Long Weekends)
WHAT WE OFFER
The opportunity to secure a position with one of Australia’s pioneering craft breweries
Employee Benefits Include:
Green Transport bonus
Subsidised Active lifestyle benefits
Regular staff social events and gatherings
Accrual of Brewery points for hours worked to spend in-venue
Training and development opportunities
Genuine work-life balance
To read and hear more about working at Bright Brewery, please click here.
If this position sounds like you, or you have an interest in finding out more about working with us, then please get in touch!
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: email@example.com
Applications can be made confidentially by sending a covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please contact:
03 5755 1301