We’re Hiring: Casual Event Crew (North East Victoria)
Here at Bright Brewery, we are on the hunt to add to our local team with Casual Event Crew members to help with running events, festival work, tastings and bringing the Alpine’s best beer to the people.
WHO ARE WE
Bright Brewery is a family-owned and fiercely independent brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for over 15 years. During this time, we have built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service, culminating in being inducted into the Victorian Tourism Hall of Fame in 2019, after being named Victoria’s Best Brewery three years in a row. We also collected a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Indie Beer Awards!
We have a very strong, values-based approach to managing our business and value Authenticity, Active Lifestyles, and taking a Sustainable approach to all that we do. In 2018, we completed a multi-million-dollar investment in a large production facility and launch into the wider wholesale market. We are now available across Australia and even hold the title of Victoria’s best indie lager!
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking to add to our casual team of staff to work across events and in-store tastings along with festivals and activations.
This is a casual role where you will have the opportunity to work with one of Australia’s pioneering and most-respected craft breweries. This is a great entry-level role for someone interested in working in the craft beer industry or kicking starting their career in events.
You will work directly with our Sales and Marketing team to help spread the Bright Brewery beers and message across North East Victoria and surrounds.
We are looking for road crew members with a love for great beer and a passion for talking about it. Ideally, our candidates will have some experience in either hospitality or liquor retail, will have strong communication skills, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team. A passion for the mountains and an active lifestyle are also a plus!
YOUR KEY TASKS
· Managing and operating in-store tastings
· Working at venue events such as tap takeovers, launches or trade nights
· Pouring and talking beers at festivals and trade shows
YOU WILL HAVE
· A love for great beer
· A passion for talking all things beer
· Strong communication skills
· Share the values of Bright Brewery; living a sustainable, authentic and active lifestyle.
· Passionate about the mountains and promoting products that are made with a sustainable focus.
· The ability to organise your time
· The ability to operate independently as well as in a team environment
· Availability to work some weekends, weeknights and public holidays
This is a casual role for offsite event work only. Hours will vary depending on event requirements and your availability.
It will be largely North East Victoria-based with work available in Melbourne or around regional Victoria for those interested/willing.
As a casual member of Bright Brewery’s staff, your remuneration will include the following:
· Casual award pay in conjunction with role operated and hours worked
· Travel expenses when appropriate
· Superannuation in line with government regulations
· Training and support
· Active Lifestyle subsidy
This role will require you to have a driver’s license, and either hold a current Victorian RSA or be willing to get one before starting in this role.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to Laura Gray at firstname.lastname@example.org