If you love taking photos or sharing your snaps on instagram, and would love to capture some of Australia’s most spectacular winter snow covered vista’s, come along to Bright 2017 Instameet – Winter!
Join a gathering of photographers, keen and amateur, and Instagrammers, new and established.
Once again, @BrightMystic, @BrightBrewery and @BrightandSurrounds will be hosting a weekend of sunsets, sunrises and a few favourite locations that only the locals know about. This Instameet we are also joining forces with @visitdinnerplain, to visit snow covered mountains and villages. Share in a weekend of inspirational images, tips and laughter.
Transport around the region will be provided for a nominal fee along with some tasty treats and unique adventures. Be sure to book soon as numbers are very limited for the Winter Instameet.
- Weekend bus pass $30
- Dinner Saturday night $40 (optional)
The weekend’s activities…..
Friday 18 August
Afternoon/Evening (free event)
- 4pm Meet and greet at Lake Buffalo (nibbles & drinks provided) followed by sunset photoshoot, taking advantage of the beautiful lake and Mount Buffalo back drop
- We are meeting at the picnic are on the waters edge, just off Yarrarabula Creek Rd – click here for the Google Map reference
- Dinner – your choice, although we will be heading to Bastoni Pizza in Myrtleford, a truly Italian pizzeria.
Saturday 19 August
- 5.30am-1.30pm Dinner Plain*. Meet at the Alpine Hotel, Bright at 5.30am to catch the bus to Dinner Plain for a morning of snow photography, grand vistas, walks in the snow and morning tea in a cattleman’s hut. (Given the unpredictable nature of the weather at this time of year, we will leave at 9am if cloud cover is expected at sunrise. We will inform everyone via text the night before if we change the departure time).
Must registered for a $30 weekend bus pass.
- Breakfast and lunch – your choice
• 12-12.45pmMeet a Dinner Plain local, beer or history, a 45 minute show and tell from Dinner Plains’ brewer or local historian; find out the background behind the village in the snow.
• 1.30pm Depart Dinner Plain
- 4.15pm Secret Sunset Location, meet at the clock tower in the centre of Bright to be taken to a secret sunset location with views of Porepunkah and Mt Buffalo. Transport from clock tower to the location will be provided.
- 6.30pm Dinner in the Bright Brewery Brewhouse. Enjoy the privilege of dinner in the brew house at the Bright Brewery, the best seasonal produce match with locally crafted beer (or wine). This will be followed by a photo workshop hosted by Brendan (@brightmystic)
Must registered for dinner $40 per person
Sunday 20 August
- 5.30am-10:00am Mount Buffalo Sunrise*. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 5.30am to catch the bus to Mount Buffalo for sunrise. We will be snow shoeing to a location, snowshoes will be provided. Torches/headtorches are necessary for sunrise shoots and a reasonable level of fitness are essential as we will be walking through snow or on uneven ground in the dark to the sunrise location – up to 2km. (Given the unpredictable nature of the weather at this time of year, we will plan to leave at 8am if cloud cover is expected at sunrise. We will inform everyone via text the night before if we change the departure time).
- Breakfast – we will be stopping at the Dingo Dell cafe at 9am if you want to purchase breakfast or a coffee. Prior to 9am please BYO water and snacks.
*Must registered for a $30 weekend bus pass.
- 12.30pm Lunch at Bright Brewery, this is not a free event, but an open invitation to join us for lunch, draw a prize winner and farewells till the Spring #Bright17Instameet.
*NOTE; Warm winter clothing is essential for this instameet, including shoes/boots, jackets, gloves and beanies. We will be visiting alpine locations in the snow with no heating or shelter. A reasonable level of fitness is essential as we will be walking through snow when we visit Dinner Plain and Mount Buffalo.