If you love taking photos, and would love to capture some of Australia’s most spectacular winter snow covered vistas, come along to Bright Winter Instameet.
Join a gathering of photographers, keen and amateur, and Instagrammers, new and established.
Once again, @BrightMystic, @BrightBrewery (and @brightbeerjames) and @BrightandSurrounds will be hosting a weekend of sunsets, sunrises and a few favourite locations in between. During our winter instameet we visit our snow covered mountains and villages. Share in a weekend of inspirational images, tips and laughter.
No matter what type of camera you use – your phone, film, dSLR or anything inbetween – come join this social experience of winter photography in the spectacular Victorian High Country.
Transport around the region will be provided for a nominal fee along with some meals and unique adventures.
Numbers are limited so please book soon!
Friday 17 August
- 4:00pm Meet and greet at the Bright Information Rotunda as you enter into Bright from Myrtleford (maps will be provided to those that book), followed by a Sunset photoshoot above the township of Bright. No transport will be provided for this section but we will encourage car-pooling where possible.
- Dinner – your choice, although we will be heading to Bright Brewery and you are most welcome to join us!
Saturday 18 August – a BIG day!
- 5:50am – 2:30pm Mount Beauty and Falls Creek. Meet at the Alpine Hotel Bright bus stop at 5:50am to catch the Instameet bus and see the sunrise in the Kiewa Valley with views of Mount Bogong. Breakfast will be at Treats Café in Mount Beauty and is included in the price. We will then drive to Falls Creek for grand vista’s and snow shoeing. Snow shoeing will be 4-6km, a reasonable amount of fitness is essential to participate. If you don’t think snow shoeing is for you, you are welcome to find your own way around the village.
- Lunch – your choice at Falls Creek.
- 1:00pm depart Falls Creek.
- 4:15pm Mount Buffalo Light Painting the Chalet. Meet at The Alpine Hotel, Bright at 4.15pm to catch the bus to Mount Buffalo for sunset. Once the sun has set we will be using torches to do some light painting photography with the Chalet as the focal point.
- 6:30pm depart Mount Buffalo.
- 7:30pm Dinner at Porepunkah Pub. Enjoy a two course dinner included in the price (drinks can be purchased on the night).
Sunday 19 August
- 6:20am Secret Sunrise Location… we have found an awesome new spot above the township of Bright, the perfect location to see the morning light flood the valley.
- Breakfast – your choice,
- 12:00pm Lunch at the Riverdeck Cafe in Bright – this is not a free event, but an open invitation to join us for lunch, draw a prize winner and farewells till the Autumn #Bright19Instameet.
- Warm winter clothing is essential for this instameet, including waterproof shoes/boots, jackets, pants, gloves and beanies. We will be visiting alpine locations in the snow with no heating or shelter. A reasonable level of fitness is essential as we will be walking through snow when we visit Falls Creek and Mount Buffalo. You must carry your own water at all times and torches for sunset and sunrise. We recommend some snack food be carried as we will be in isolated areas.
- Given the unpredictable nature of the weather at this time of year, this itinerary can change at any time. We will be communicating with guests via text message as early starts may be pushed back to 9:00am cloud cover is expected at sunrise.
Cost = $75 (+booking fee), which includes most transport, breakfast and dinner on Saturday, and hire of snow shoes.