Position Vacant: Sous Chef
Bright Brewery is an award winning and proudly independent brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCraftedTM beers and great value food in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
Our key values of ACTIVE – SUSTAINABLE – AUTHENTIC are the cornerstones of everything we do at Bright Brewery. From brewing beers that reflect the bold and wild environment in which they are crafted, to embracing the outdoor lifestyle that our region offers, Bright Brewery helps form the heart of our vibrant community.
We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the authenticity of our products, services and people, with a sustainable future for all.
Bright Brewery serves lunch and dinner 7 days a week, which helps showcase our beers to our fantastic customers and we’re seeking an experienced chef to join the kitchen team of our Brewery and Restaurant in Victoria’s High Country.
We require a team player who loves working with local produce and who can bring a real creative flair to our cuisine. You will be a leader and help create delicious food with a craft brewery twist that will make our full range of beers really sing.
Reporting to and working with the Head Chef, the Sous Chef will help lead the Kitchen Team and is accountable for delivering great food for Bright Brewery’s customers.
Responsibilities of the role will include continually improving menu quality, food sourcing, storage, preparation, cooking and waste processing. You will be ready to train staff and always looking to improve our physical and intangible service offering. Working alongside the Head Chef, you will be driven to maintain high levels of motivation and success across the team while also representing our values of authenticity, sustainability and active lifestyles.
The Sous Chef will lead by example. You will be competent in all areas of cooking and cleaning, maintaining high levels of Food Hygiene Standards and HACCP controls.
This position is full time, primarily covering our lunch and dinner services. Salary is negotiable for the right applicant.
Skills Required (includes but is not limited to):
- Qualified Chef
- Must have prior experience in a high-volume hospitality environment
- Experience in menu planning and demonstrated skills in high standards of menu prep and delivery
- Passion and imagination for food
- Interest in local produce and beer matching
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage Food Service costs
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relating to the hospitality industry
- Proven leadership skills and lead by example
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to supervise and lead staff with respect and fairness
- Ability to develop and document operating systems and procedures
- Comply with all company policies and procedures
- Computer savvy with POS systems, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel.
The position will involve evening and weekend hours, as well as working across public holidays.
Aligning to Bright Brewery’s values, our chefs and kitchen team are only expected to work on average 38 hours per week. In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward scheme to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. All staff are also supported with training and advancement opportunities. This is a place to grow and advance!
Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner, as well as 2017 Victorian Tourism Awards Gold winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made confidentially by sending a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Head Chef, Bright Brewery
Phone: 03 5755 1346