Position Vacant: Sous Chef
Create delicious food with a craft brewery twist
Bright Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCrafted beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria. We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the enjoyment and protection of the pristine environment that surrounds us, and the authenticity of our products and services. We embrace active and sustainable lifestyles, celebrated with great beer.
Bright Brewery serves great value meals for lunch and dinner (7 days a week), which help showcase our beers when dining in.
To help us accomplish this with our increasing volumes, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Chef to join the kitchen team at our Brewery and Restaurant in Victoria’s High Country.
We require a team player who loves working with the freshest local produce and who can bring a real creative flair to our cuisine. We’re looking for a leader to help us create delicious food with a craft brewery twist that will make our full range of beers really sing.
Reporting to and working with the Head Chef, the Sous Chef will help lead the Kitchen Team and is accountable for delivering great food for Bright Brewery’s customers.
This includes continually improving menu quality, food sourcing, storage, preparation, cooking and waste processing. This will be achieved by training staff, continuously improving our physical and intangible service offering, compliance with agreed process and maintaining high levels of motivation across the team.
The Sous Chef will lead by example. They will be competent in all areas of cooking and cleaning, maintaining high levels of Food Hygiene Standards and HACCP controls.
This position is full time, primarily covering our lunch and dinner services. Salary is negotiable for the right applicant.
Skills Required (includes but is not limited to):
- Qualified Chef
- Must have prior experience in a high-volume hospitality environment
- Experience in menu planning and demonstrated skills in high standards of menu prep and delivery
- Passion and imagination for food
- Interest in local produce and beer matching
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage Food Service costs
- Ability to identify and resolve problems efficiently
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relating to the hospitality industry
- Proven leadership skills and lead by example
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to supervise and lead staff with respect and fairness
- Ability to develop and document operating systems and procedures
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Computer savvy with POS systems, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel.
The position will involve evening and weekend hours, as well as working across public holidays.
Aligning to Bright Brewery’s values, our chefs and kitchen team are expected to work on average 38 hours per week. All award rates apply where relevant.
In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff, including quarterly and annual reward scheme to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed.
Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner, as well as Victorian Tourism Awards Silver Medal winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: email@example.com
Applications can be made confidentially by emailing covering letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 27th October.
For more information please contact:
Head Chef, Bright Brewery
tel: 03 5755 1346