Position Vacant: Shared Brand Ambassador (Melbourne)
Purpose of Role
The purpose of this role is to grow sales of three of the Alpine region’s most iconic brands in Melbourne and across Victoria:
What we are looking for
The three family-owned, independent businesses seek to recruit a Melbourne-based Sales Leader/Brand Ambassador to establish a sales and distribution operation servicing Melbourne and Victoria. We are looking for an experienced sales person with a proven track record in the alcohol sales industry. The person will have an established network of contacts across major retailers, distributors, independent outlets and venues. The person will act as an ambassador for all three businesses and embrace the brand, values and lifestyle. The right person will be rewarded with an attractive package and work life balance.
Bright Brewery is a family owned brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for 14 years. During this time, Bright Brewery has built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service culminating in a gold awards at the Victorian Tourism Awards in 2017 and 2018. We have a very strong values-based approach to managing the business. Bright Brewery recently completed a multi-million-dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and can now continue to expand into a wider wholesale market.
Feathertop Winery is a family-owned winery & private estate positioned in Porepunkah, 8km from Bright. With 30 years of rich history in wine making & viticulture, we strive for both a premium product & sustainable business model. We are now looking to take our 22 handpicked wine varietals to an expansive wholesale market.
Alpine Cider The Nightingale family has been growing crisp, juicy apples in the Wandiligong Valley (5km from Bright) and alpine surrounds for over 60 years. The cool conditions in these regions concentrate the flavours to produce sweet juicy apples that go into making our modern crisp fruity ciders and sparkling juices. Naturally made from 100% family grown and hand picked apples. We are keen to introduce our range to a new and wider market.
The key tasks that Sales Leader & Brand Ambassador perform are:
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers, Alpine cider and Feathertop wines to bottle-shops, restaurants, bars and venues, and other retail and hospitality outlets across Greater Melbourne.
- Be an excellent ambassador for all three brands, values and lifestyle.
- Achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Identify and capitalise on market opportunities to build sales and profitability.
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts, as well as brand awareness and reputation.
- Relationship management, including prioritisation of key customers and new customer development.
- Providing a superior level of service to our customers.
- Assist with establishing efficient systems and processes for the role.
- Work with the Logistics Coordinators on ensuring timely and efficient movement of stock.
- Work with the Sales & Marketing teams on growing sales and brand awareness across Victoria.
- Organise in-store tastings and promotions and point of sale displays.
- Identify realistic opportunities to increase sales.
- Activate or host events both on and off premise, including festivals.
- Report to Bright Brewery Sales & Marketing Manager.
Ensure the Bright Brewery values are always in action while performing the role:
We are AUTHENTIC and genuine in all that we do.
• We do what we say we’re going to do.
• We present our business and services truthfully.
• We use natural ingredients to create genuine products.
• Our relationships are honest and respectful.
Our business is SUSTAINABLE.
• We’re passionate about the environment that surrounds us and seek to minimise our impact on it.
• We’re managing our business for the long-term, providing a viable future for our community, staff and customers.
We are ACTIVE!
• We embrace the outdoors and encourage active lives.
• We are active in the community.
• We continue to review and develop our products and services so they evolve and grow with the market.
• We are actively managing the business for future success.
Skills & Experience required
|2+ years’ experience in wholesale sales related to liquor industry.||Must have|
|Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory in a structured and planned manner.||Must have|
|Established trade connections and relationships in the Melbourne market.||Must have|
|Strong commercial and negotiation background.||Must have|
|Understanding of the liquor market, on-premise and retail trade and trends.||Must have|
|Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills.||Must have|
|Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers.||Must have|
|Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions.||Must have|
|Experience managing participation at events.||Must have|
|Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time.||Must have|
|Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking).||Must have|
|Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action.||Must have|
|Drivers licence.||Must have|
|Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process, cider and cider making process, wine and wine making process.||Must have|
|Process driven with strong attention to detail.||Highly desirable|
|Strategic thinking to increase distribution and visibility of Bright Brewery, Alpine Cider and Feathertop Winery||Highly desirable|
|Understanding of Business Finance software, such as Netsuite||Highly desirable|
|Understanding of design software, such as Adobe Creative suite||Highly desirable|
|Experience with CRM software||Highly desirable|
|Hold a current RSA||Highly desirable|
- Experience and performance in a similar role.
- Understanding of:
- the wholesale liquor market,
- business drivers for an independent business,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills.
- Connections to the craft beer industry.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Knowledge and passion for beer, cider and wine and how they are produced.
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations.
- Commitment to invest time in brand development.
- Permanent Australian resident.
- Long term outlook
- True commitment to the role and business values.
- A good fit for Bright Brewery, Alpine Cider and Feathertop Winery brands and culture.
This is a full time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary plus commission
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
Please send a Cover Letter addressing the Selection Criteria and a resume to Bright Brewery Sales and Marketing Manager Tom Mullane-Grant at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call 03 5755 1346.