Position Vacant – Sales and Marketing Manager
Sales & Marketing Manager
Bright Brewery is an award winning and proudly independent brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCrafted beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
Our key values of ACTIVE – SUSTAINABLE – AUTHENTIC are the cornerstones of everything we do at Bright Brewery. From brewing beers that reflect the bold and wild environment in which they are crafted, to embracing the outdoor lifestyle that our region offers, Bright Brewery helps form the heart of our vibrant community.
We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the authenticity of our products, services and people, with a sustainable future for all.
We recently completed a multi-million dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and we’re now in a position to further grow our brand and wholesale presence.
Bright Brewery seeks to recruit a Sales and Marketing Manager to grow our sales and brand across Victoria.
We are looking for an experienced sales and marketing manager with a proven track record in the craft beer industry. The person will have an extensive network of contacts across major retailers, distributors, independent outlets and venues. The person will act as ambassador for Bright Brewery’s brand, values and lifestyle. We are looking for someone who can grow with the business. The right person will be rewarded with and attractive reward package and work life balance.
The role will require you to:
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers into bottle-shops, restaurants, venues, and other retail outlets in Victoria.
- Manage and drive distribution and sales into large retailers.
- Develop Sales and Marketing Objectives and strategies to achieve these
- P&L responsibility for the Wholesale business.
- Set and achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Recruit, train and manage the Sales and Marketing team
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts in Victoria
- Manage the delivery Bright Brewery’s media, PR and social media activities.
- Work with the Logistics Coordinator to deliver efficient movement of stock.
- Identify opportunities to increase sales and develop cost effective delivery plans
- Host events both on and off premise, including festivals.
- Reports to General Manager
Skills & experience required:
- Minimum 2 years experience in wholesale sales related to liquor of FMCG
- Understanding of the alcohol market, on-premise and retail trade and trends
- Proven sales record and ability to manage a territory in a structured and planned manner
- Strong commercial and negotiation background
- Excellent face-to-face and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain strong and positive relationships with customers
- Ability to identify customer needs and provide solutions
- Experience managing participation at events
- Ability to effectively prioritise tasks and manage time
- Computer and social media savvy (E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel, social networking). Self-motivated, outcomes oriented, person of action
- Possess (or have the capability to develop) outstanding knowledge of beer and the brewing process
- Drivers licence.
Applicants will be assessed on their ability to address the following selection criteria:
- Experience and performance in a similar role
- Understanding of:
- the beer market,
- business drivers for an independent brewery,
- on-premise and retail trade,
- beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Connections to the beer, alcohol retail or hospitality industries
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge and passion for beer and brewing
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations
- Commitment to invest time in brand development
- Permanent Australian resident
- Long term outlook
- True commitment to the role and our business values
- A good fit for Bright Brewery’s brand and culture.
This is a full time permanent position that will involve after hours and weekend work on some occasions.
The Sales and Marketing Manager is a new position and will be based at Bright Brewery in Bright, Victoria.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: email@example.com
Applications can be made confidentially by sending resume with a cover letter addressing the skill requirements and selection criteria via email to: Operations@brightbrewery.com.au by Friday 21st September
For enquiries about this role, please contact:
General Manager, Bright Brewery
03 5755 1346