Position Vacant: Manufacturing & Logistics Assistant
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are searching for a Manufacturing and Logistics Assistant to work at Bright Brewery. The successful applicant will work across many areas of our business, including manufacturing, and shipping/receiving. The Manufacturing and Logistics Assistant supports the Head Brewer and Logistics Manager in all aspects of these operations.
This role will encompass undertaking many varied daily tasks and will require an adequate level of fitness and strength as well as problem solving to ensure daily operations run smoothly and can respond quickly to internal and external business demands.
Bright Brewery is a family owned brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for over 15 years. During this time, Bright Brewery has built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service culminating in being inducted into the Victorian Tourism Awards 2019, after winning Gold in three successive year, as well as a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Indie Beer Awards.
Bright Brewery recently completed a multi-million-dollar investment to increase brewing capacity and is now continue to expand into a wider national and international wholesale market.
We take a very strong values-based approach to managing the business and all employees are expected to ensure that our Values are always in action while performing their role:
This role reports to the Logistics Manager. Instruction for production tasks will come from the Head Brewer.
Production Assistance (50%)
- Keg Washing
- Assistance on packaging lines and preparation on packaging days
- Spent Grain movement to farmers
- Basic cleaning and maintenance of site and equipment related to brewing operations
- Record keeping and data entry
- Inventory counting
Logistics and site maintenance Assistance (50%)
- Picking and packing orders (wholesale and online)
- Local deliveries in the NE VIC region (Kegs and cases)
- Preparing and maintaining equipment required for events (internal and external)
- Garden maintenance (weeding, spraying, etc)
- Vehicle cleaning and minor maintenance tasks
- Ensure Loading docks are always clean and organised for access by suppliers
- Inventory counting
- Basic Fred’s shed/venue maintenance – light bulbs, chair repairs, cobwebbing etc
- Forklift Licence
- Level 2 First Aid
- Drivers Licence
- Physically fit and able to lift. Keg lifting and movement will be regular activities.
- Detail oriented problem-solver
- Team Player
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic Computer Skills
- A knowledge of, or passion for, beer and brewing is an advantage.
- 3/4 days initially (dependent on requirements, expected to expand to full time as business grows).
- Salary based on experience and training completed as per employment contract.
- Bright Brewery is a family-friendly employer and will consider flexible working arrangement proposals.
- Attending staff meetings and all training sessions as directed by senior management will be required
In addition, Bright Brewery provides rewards and recognition programs to all staff to ensure great work and high performing staff never go unnoticed. We also seek to provide valuable training opportunities so all staff may further their skills and careers.
This positions offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports all at our door. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
Please send a Cover Letter and CV, addressing all required skills and relevant experience, to the Logistics Manager at email@example.com
Applications will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.