Position Vacant: Assistant Bar Manager
Bright Brewery is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic hospitality attendant to join the team at our Brewery and Restaurant in Victoria’s High Country.
Bright Brewery is an independently owned and operated brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCrafted beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria.
We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the enjoyment and protection of the pristine environment that surrounds us, and the authenticity of our products and services. We embrace active and sustainable lifestyles, celebrated with great beer.
Bright Brewery serves great value meals for lunch and dinner (7 days a week), which help showcase our beers when dining in.
We require a team player who can help lead our Brewery Door staff and ensure customers always have a positive experience when visiting our venue, while also representing our values for authenticity, sustainability and active lifestyles.
Key responsibilities include providing leadership to the Brewery Door team, set and monitor quality and service standards, provide excellent and efficient customer service, train junior staff and ensure smooth daily operations of the bar.
The successful applicant will work closely with the Bar Manager and Venue Manager, and be responsible for ensuring product and service standards are met and maintaining procedures for maximising operating efficiency.
Skills and attributes required:
- Must have prior experience in a high-volume hospitality environment
- Experienced at leading a team
- Demonstrated skills in high standards in customer service
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Ability to effectively prioritise, delegate tasks and manage time
- Set and monitor quality and service standards for staff and direct and manage staff members to meet standards and objectives
- Proven stock control skills
- Ability to maintain consistency of friendly and efficient service
- Ability to develop and document operating systems and procedures and comply with all company policies and procedures
- Mature attitude, honest, loyal and exceptional work ethic
- Computer savvy (POS systems, E-mail, MS Word, MS Excel)
- Current Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate
A knowledge of, and passion for, craft beer and brewing is a bonus.
This is a casual position will involve evening and weekend hours, as well as working across public holidays.
Bright Brewery is a 2017 Victorian Tourism Awards Gold Medal winner and Australian Tourism Awards Silver Medal winner, as well as an Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports all at our door. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made confidentially by sending a covering letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Venue Manager, Bright Brewery
tel: 03 5755 1346