Jobs: Chef Wanted
Create delicious food with a craft brewery twist
Bright Brewery is a family owned and operated brewery, bar and restaurant, producing MountainCrafted beers in the spectacular alpine town of Bright, Victoria. We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the enjoyment and protection of the pristine environment that surrounds us, and the authenticity of our products and services. We embrace active and sustainable lifestyles, celebrated with great beer.
Bright Brewery serves great value meals for lunch and dinner (7 days a week), which help showcase our beers when dining in.
To help us accomplish this with our increasing volumes, we are seeking a qualified and experienced Chef to join the kitchen team at our Brewery and Restaurant in Victoria’s High Country.
We require a team player who loves working with the freshest local produce and who can bring a real creative flair to our cuisine.
We’re looking for a leader to help us create delicious food with a craft brewery twist that will make our full range of flavourful beers really sing.
This position is full time, primarily covering our lunch and dinner services. Salary is negotiable for the right applicant.
This position is currently open to Australian Citizens and Permanent Residents ONLY.
Skills Required (includes but is not limited to):
- Qualified Chef
- Must have prior experience in a high-volume hospitality environment
- Passion and imagination for food
- Interest in local produce and beer matching
- Food Safety Supervisor certificate
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ability to manage Food Service costs
- Knowledge of relevant laws and regulations relating to the hospitality industry
- Proven leadership skills and lead by example
- Be able to identify problems and attend to them without supervision
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Proven ability to supervise and lead staff with respect and fairness
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
The position will involve evening and weekend hours, as well as working across public holidays.
Bright Brewery is the Alpine Shire Business of the Year and Excellence In Hospitality Award winner, as well as Victorian Tourism Awards Silver Medal winner. The successful applicant will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
This position offers a chance to live in a truly beautiful place with world class mountain biking, cycling, hiking, camping, paragliding, snow and river sports. We encourage broad and active lifestyles, and flexible working arrangements may be negotiated to accommodate this.
A full Position Description can be supplied on request by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications can be made confidentially by emailing covering letter and resume to email@example.com
For more information please contact:
Head Chef, Bright Brewery
tel: 03 5755 1346