The foundations and soul of Bright Brewery
At Bright Brewery we are driven by our core values to be authentic, sustainable and active while making beer great.
Bright Brewery is an independent business that cares about crafting genuine products from natural ingredients; playing our part to protect the beautiful environment that surrounds us; and encouraging active lifestyles that connect you with the outdoors; all celebrated with the enjoyment of great beers.
We also strive to ensure all our business operations and relationships are authentic, sustainable and active, underpinning the long term future and success of Bright Brewery and our team.
How are we AUTHENTIC?
- Bright Brewery is an independent business that cares producing genuine products, services and experiences, as well as our impact on the community and environment.
- We use natural ingredients to handcraft our beers
- Our marketing and customer service is a true reflection of Bright Brewery’s position and goals.
How are we SUSTAINABLE?
- We’re passionate about the environment that surrounds us and seek to minimise our impact on it by making our beer production as close to carbon neutral as possible and minimising our overall environmental footprint on Bright:
- Our building is powered by 50kWp solar system (comprising 192 x Risen 260W with Enphase micro inverters M215)
- Where possible we recycle or re-purpose items and materials previously acquired by the business: We’ve used old kegs as light shades, wash basins and seats. Plastic cider kegs have been repurposed as bins and the keg bladders as light shades. End-of-life pallets have been turned into tables and dividers.We recognise that our little steam driven brewhouse is highly energy and water intensive. We mitigate this impact by doing back to back brews, which recycles both heat and water and significantly reduces energy consumption.
- We further reduce our environmental impact through actions such as:
- Hose washing of the mash tun plates is done over garden beds
- We installed power reducing frequency controllers on brewhouse pump to conserve electricity
- Shredded office paper is used for padding fragile packages that we ship from our brewery
- Our cartons are often used a number of times over within the brewery, which we made a feature of our packaging design. On our cartons we explain to customer that the more scribbles and squiggles on the box, the more it has been used and therefore the more environmentally friendly it is
- Green freight – when one of our customers in Bright places a small order for our beers, we load up a trolley and walk the beer to them!
- Spent grain from our brewing is collected by a local farmer, which he feeds to his cows.
- Our beer is a genuine low food-mile product! The water comes from the snow-fed water of the Ovens river that flows past our brewery; the hops are grown 10 minutes down the road at the Rostrevor Hop Gardens; 64% of the malt we use for brewing comes from Victoria; most of all, 80% of our beer is consumed within 50 paces of the brewhouse where it is brewed!
- We have a Green Transport Scheme where employees are encouraged to walk cycle or even skateboard to work.
- We’re managing our business for the long-term, providing a viable future for our community, staff and customers.
How are we ACTIVE?
- We embrace the outdoors and encourage active lives, especially through supporting the growth of cycling in Victoria’s High Country.
- We are active in the community – supporting, sponsoring and working many local community initiatives and fellow businesses.
- We actively review and develop our products and services so they evolve and grow with the market.